Some ICOs can be very profitable if the team behind the project is trustworthy. But some people invest in ICOs just by looking at the website.
How to not fall prey to scam ICOs-
1. Look who is behind the project by searching the founder’s name on social media sites.
2. Follow the official Twitter account of the ICO for updates and see how committed they are.
3. Check if the roadmap of the ICO is achievable or not.
4. Don’t believe your guts.
5. Don’t fall in love with website looks, read everything that’s written on the website.
6. Don’t invest big amount like 1 ETH into any ICO.
7. Don’t give any personal wallet information like wallet keys.
8. Don’t spread fake information about any ICO.
9. Talk to other crypto lovers.
10. Check if the ICO is a copy of any other ICO.